For online lotto players in India, choosing the right payment method can cause a slight dilemma. But, it’s time to keep your worries aside as we answer all your questions on the best payment methods to play online lotto.
There are a lot of concerns while making payments for online lotto in India. Not wanting to disclose your gambling transactions to your bank and declined card transactions top the list.
Below are all the payment methods you can use to purchase lottery tickets online. Click on your preferred one to learn more about it and see which lottery sites that have it available.
How to Deposit?
To make a deposit to play the lottery online, follow these 7 simple steps:
- Visit the online lotto site where you wish to buy your ticket.
- Create an account by filling in a sign-up form.
- Go to ‘Deposit’.
- Choose a payment method that suits you best.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit.
- Authenticate your transaction.
- Your deposited amount will be instantly credited to your virtual lotto account.
How to Withdraw?
You can withdraw your winnings from any online lotto site by following these 5 simple steps:
- Log in to your account at the online lotto site you wish to withdraw from.
- Go to the cashier / your virtual balance and click on ‘Withdrawal’.
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw. Note that withdrawals generally must be done to the same method you deposited with.
- Provide the lotto site with verification, usually including proof of ID and proof of address (only done once).
- Wait for your withdrawal to be handled and enjoy your win!
Which Payment Method Is the Best?
While you might be looking for a straight answer to this, there isn’t any. The truth is that the best payment method differs from person to person and is based on their preference. The best payment method for you is the one which you’re most familiar with and comfortable using.
However, coming back to the troublesome areas of online lottery payments, you can stay away from declined card transactions by opting for payment methods like UPI, Google Pay, Paytm, and NetBanking which are also extremely popular in India.
Alternatively, Skrill and Neteller are widely used by players who don’t want to disclose gambling transactions to their banks.
While the best can’t be decided, the worst payment methods for playing the lottery online are definitely cards like VISA and MasterCard. Not saying you shouldn't use them though, but there are indeed better options.
Does Any Payment Method Come Without Fees?
Everything comes at a price, and lotto is no exception. Almost all payment methods will levy some kind of fee. However, at most standard lottery sites, whatever you deposit would be added to your virtual balance. The fee is simply not paid by you.
Using this same balance, you can buy tickets and participate in various lotteries. There's rarely any need to worry about transaction fees. None of our recommended lottery sites charge their players a specific fee for depositing or withdrawing money.
However, you must note that not all lotto sites allow you to have your account in Indian rupees. If that is the case and you make a deposit from your bank or e-Wallet where the balance is held in rupees, the money will be converted into USD or Euro (whatever the currency is on your lotto account). With that exchange comes a small fee.