Best Lottery Platform for AstroPay
Having reviewed and compared plenty of lottery platforms in India, we would say that the overall best lottery site for AstroPay is Lottofy. Part of the reason is because tickets are priced fairly to begin with while also being supported by a 15% – 30% discount if you buy several ones into the same draw.
Lottofy also support syndicate betting. This allows you to join in on a group buy, which will significantly increase your chances of winning a draw at no extra cost. They even have a special play feature where the single play- and group buy option is combined in an interesting way to get the best of both worlds.
The customer support is service-minded and available at all times except nights. Great mobile apps are offered to facilitate playing on the go. The cherry on the top is getting a free ticket just for signing up an account.
Other Sites to Check Out
To be honest, there aren’t that many triple A lottery sites that accept AstroPay as a payment method. If you’d be willing to deposit with UPI, Skrill or a debit card, we would say that Lottoland is a must to check out. It is actually our preferred choice out of all lottery sites in India.
However, if you’re stuck on AstroPay and for some reason didn’t find what you were looking for at Lottofy, we would say that the best sites to play at would be Multilotto and PlayHugeLottos. Check them out below!
- Multilotto – Cheapest ticket prices if you make use of full discounts
- PlayHugeLottos – Get extra free money on your first deposit
Why Use AstroPay to Play the Lottery Online?
Founded in 2009, AstroPay provides a highly secure way of depositing money to lottery sites. One could say that it acts as a middleman between the lottery operator and your bank. You use one of many payment methods to buy a virtual AstroPay card which is then used to deposit with. It’s basically a one-time card which is why it’s so secure.
You must know, that not all lottery sites in India will allow you to cash out using AstroPay. If they do, a new card will be issued to you, but if they don’t, they will ask you to withdraw by bank. If you don’t want to let your bank know that you’re playing the lottery online, a payment method such as Skrill or Neteller would be preferred as withdrawals can always be made to these wallets.
- One-time virtual debit card
- Transactions times are fast
- Mobile app is supported
- Anonymous transactions
- Can’t always cash out with it
- Only supported by a few lottery sites
- Can be inconvenient for high rollers
How to Make a Lottery Deposit With AstroPay in 8 Steps
- Visit the official website of AstroPay or download the mobile app.
- Sign up a free account by providing your mobile phone number.
- Choose a virtual AstroPay card to purchase, valued up to ₹15,000.
- Pay with PhonePE, UPI, NetBanking, Neteller and more.
- Visit a lottery site of your choice and create an account.
- Head to the deposit section of the site and choose AstroPay.
- Enter the amount you would like to deposit and confirm.
- Select AstroPay Card and enter your virtual card details.
After confirming your virtual card details, the payment will be processed and your money will usually be available on your lottery account just seconds after.
How to Withdraw Lottery Winnings With AstroPay
Only some lottery sites will allow you to withdraw winnings using AstroPay. If they don’t, the money usually has to be cashed out via bank transfer. If AstroPay is indeed supported, you must have the mobile app from AstroPay installed. A virtual card with your withdrawn money will be issued to this.
Here are the full steps of withdrawing your lottery winnings to AstroPay:
- Sign in to your lottery account.
- Head to the cashier and choose withdrawal.
- Select AstroPay and choose the amount to cash out.
- Confirm the transaction.
It’s that easy. However, you must know that all licensed and legitimate lottery sites carry out a verification process at some point – usually on the first withdrawal request. This means that you’ll have to provide the site with a photo copy of an ID. Don’t worry, it’s perfectly safe and a standard procedure to prevent money laundering and other fraudulent activities.
Is It Safe to Use AstroPay at Lottery Sites?
AstroPay is one of the safest payment methods you can use. The only information you ever share with the lottery site is your virtual card details. If your device is compromised, worst case scenario would be that someone gets a hold of these card details. However, as long as you make use of all money stored on your virtual card after purchasing it, this wouldn’t matter. That’s why the payment method is so secure.
Can I Withdraw Money From an AstroPay Card to Bank?
- Yes, no problem. These are the steps:
- Log in to your AstroPay Account.
- Navigate to the Money option.
- Select the card to withdraw.
- Choose bank as a cashout option.
- Enter your bank account details.
- Confirm the withdrawal.
The money would then be available in your bank account within 5 bank days.
See all payment methods