Play OZ Powerball Online from India
Cheapest Ticket Prices Listed
The OZ Powerball, also known as Powerball Australia, is an old lottery that follows in the footsteps of the US Powerball. It has been a crowd favorite in the country since it started in 1996 thanks to its reasonably priced tickets and huge jackpots.
While there are similarities between the OZ Powerball and the American counterpart, the prize structure and odds are quite different. Lower-tier prizes generally pay more for the same odds in Powerball Australia, but with an overall win chance and a maximum jackpot prize that is significantly lower.
Throughout lotto sites in India, prices to lottery vary widely. In the table below, you will find the best sites to play the OZ Powerball with the cheapest tickets listed:
|Pos||Lottery Site||Cost per Line||Purchase Here|
|4||LottoAgent||₹190 *||Buy Tickets|
|5||Lottery World||₹220||Buy Tickets|
|6||PlayHugeLottos||₹225 *||Buy Tickets|
* These lottery sites don’t offer their ticket prices in Indian Rupees. The price per line you see is an estimation based on the current currency exchange from either USD or EURO to INR.
All the sites mentioned above will give you one of two options. The first one is to buy real, official lottery tickets to the OZ Powerball via a lottery messenger service that the lotto site carries out, while the second option is lottery betting. The latter means that you’re betting on the results of the OZ Powerball for the same prizes. A few sites like LottoAgent let you choose between the two options.
There are many reasons we recommend these particular sites over other online lottery sites in India. They are genuine and safe. In short, you can stop worrying about scams and frauds while playing the lottery online on them.
The sites are also of high quality, which means they are user-friendly and are secured with SSL-bit encryption that protects user information and financial transactions. Moreover, they have reasonable ticket prices and even though some are on the higher side, this often means that you can lower them through various discounts.
How Much Does a Ticket Cost?
Depending on the site from where you buy, an OZ Powerball ticket would cost you anywhere between ₹125 – ₹400. For the cheapest tickets from the best sites, refer to the table above.
How to Buy OZ Powerball Tickets On a Lotto Site
To buy a ticket to the OZ Powerball, follow these 5 steps:
- Go to a lottery site of your choice that offers the OZ Powerball lottery.
- Create a personal account by filling in details requested in a signup form.
- Navigate to the OZ Powerball lottery and select your lucky numbers.
- Pay for your ticket via any payment methods available at the site.
- A receipt of the purchase is instantly added to your account, along with an e-mail confirmation.
Please note that the lottery might be listed as Australia Powerball or Powerball Australia depending on the site you’re using. Also, note that some lottery sites offer welcome bonuses that can be used to give you more tickets to the OZ Powerball and other lotteries. For instance, at Lotto247 you will receive extra cash as you make your first deposit.
How to Play OZ Powerball Lottery Online
To play the OZ Powerball lottery online, keep this in mind:
- You have to pick 7 main numbers from 1 to 35, and 1 Powerball number from 1 to 20.
- You can participate in the next draw, and also buy entries into several future draws.
- OZ Powerball can be played in a group for an increased chance of winning, a so-called syndicate.
- You can subscribe to the lottery to automatically receive new tickets. This may give you a discount.
Note that not all lottery sites will offer the above play features.
How to Win the OZ Powerball Lottery
To win Powerball Australia, you have to match at least 2 main numbers and the Powerball, and to win the big jackpot, all numbers have to match. If it isn’t won, the jackpot amount will roll over to the next draw, a maximum of 25 times. On the 26th draw, it is paid out as a 2nd prize.
The odds of winning any prize in the OZ Powerball are 1:44, while the odds of matching all the seven numbers and the Powerball are 1:134,490,400.
The OZ Powerball provides 9 prizes in total, all of which are listed below.
Prizes and Odds of Winning
|Match||Payout in AUD *||Payout in INR *||Odds|
|7 + Powerball||Jackpot (min. $3 mil)||Jackpot (min. ₹16 Crore)||1:134,490,400|
|7||$80,000 – $300,000||₹43 Lakh – ₹1.6 Crore||1:7,078,443|
|6 + Powerball||$5,000||₹2.7 Lakh||1:686,176|
|5 + Powerball||$170||₹9,100||1:16,943|
|4 + Powerball||$75||₹4,000||1:1,173|
|3 + Powerball||$18||₹970||1:188|
|2 + Powerball||$11||₹590||1:66|
* Prizes in the lottery will vary from one draw to another based on how many tickets are sold and players win. The listed payouts are estimations based on previous draws.
** The column stating the payout in Rupees is an estimation based on the current currency exchange from the Australian Dollar to INR.
When Is the Lottery Draw Held?
The OZ Powerball draws are held weekly every Thursday in Melbourne at 8:30 pm AEST, which is 4:00 pm IST on the same day in India.
How to Check the Latest OZ Powerball Draw Result
Here at OnlineLottoBaba, we bring you the results of recent and past drawings, including winning numbers and prizes, as soon as they are available. Therefore, a convenient way to check the OZ Powerball lottery results is through the link below and by bookmarking us.